Monday, April 19, 2010

Activism Log 9

Katelyn Temple
Professor Nina Perez
WST 3015
April 18, 2010

Activism Log 9

• Activism

This week was about meeting with Arielle to hand over more donations. I personally drove and met her to drop them off. I also volunteered to bring the hour log forms to her because she said she preferred if just one of us went. I also went to the venue to thank them once again for all the hard for they did for us.

• Reflection

Recently, while reading Sandra Steinbraber’s article, Rose Moon, I was stuck by the phrase “In ignorance, abstain” (550). Voltaire seemed to have a unique grasp on life. Wouldn’t it be great if we could just whole heartedly abstain from things we were ignorant about? But then I wouldn’t have been able to help all these women, men and animals in need. I did not think of taking this class until the last minute, I did not know which project to choose to I went to animals because I have a cat … and now, I have helped in some way. So yes in ignorance, one should abstain, if the choice is dangerous.

• Reciprocity

Overall, I feel like the mission has been accomplished. Now we have to prepare for our presentation. I am excited to share with the class the success of our project and how much work we put into this. We had the event two weeks before the end of the semester on purpose, so we would have time to hand over the donations and to prepare for the end of the semester.



Work Cited

Steingraber, Sandra. Rose Moon. Women's Lives: Multicultural Perspectives 5 (2010): 549-558. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment