Sunday, April 4, 2010

Activism Log 7

Katelyn Temple
Professor Nina Perez
WST 3015
April 4, 2010

Activism Log 7

• Activism

This week was full of communication. I spent time talking to Marie, the owner of the restaurant we are having the event at. I provided her with flyers for her patrons. We also spoke about how she was talking to her friends and employees about the event. She is such a nice woman. She is providing us with tables, pizza and a television to play a DVD we are making with facts and pictures. I also have been communicating with Arielle, our community partner. She will be providing us with materials for tabling at the event next Sunday. Also, I have been working on decorating boxes to hold donations.

• Reflection

Recently, I read The Global Women’s Movement by Peggy Antrobus. In this article she discusses her views on the women’s movement. She states, “A women’s movement is grounded in an understanding of women’s relations to social conditions…” (631). The social conditions of the women and men we are helping are troubling. I frequently clean out my closet and donate clothes to goodwill (I also pester my friends and family to do the same) so I feel great collecting donations for animals for a change. I feel like I help people in need so it is fulfilling to also help pets.

• Reciprocity

We are really looking forward to this event. As a group, we decided to work individually on separate put equally important. I have been printing flyers, updating the Facebook group, collecting donations, and spreading the word about our event. I am really looking forward to getting this accomplished and seeing how many pieces of donations we collect.



Work Cited
Antrobus, Peggy. The Global Women’s Movement. Women's Lives: Multicultural Perspectives 5 (2010): 629-635. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment